I know this sounds totally crazy, and I wonder of all the people why me, but this is totally true....
While at a restaurant in NYC this Saturday morning (to remain nameless unless they choose to be a pain about paying my health bills), I was getting ready to eat when a pole from a unused plant hanger feel on me, that is right feel about 4 feet on me on my "good" side of my left side back/neck area (a pole about 2 feet long, though might be longer/shorter for all I know, with a hook on the ends hit me. Fortunately I was eating with friends who saw this or I would never believe it myself).
I remember looking up within the enclosed patio area to see how the enclosure was set up (poles with a enclosed plastic/fabric of some sort - though covering and plants on the side walls) and thinking what the SHIT was that from???
Immediately after the manager, (to be remained nameless unless as stated above) or the person who appeared to be the manager asked if I was ok. I was so shocked I was not sure how to respond...
I think I said something to the affect; ah yeah... Ok, yeah ok...
then he disappeared till our food came and asked again very brisk and informally:
Him - are you ok? Here is your bacon (our other food had come a second before)
Me - ah I think so, but thank god that was not my head cause that would have been a problem... (I was really lucky it hadn't hit my little noggin - otherwise I might have been knocked out) ...and I am concerned that this hit my back. I recently a year ago had back surgery and am not sure that this is to good for it... (or something to that affect)
Him - so your bacon, it's on us... and he placed the bacon (only 4 pieces) down on the table.
Me - ah, ah ok??? (Really I was not sure what I was thinking cause I was so shocked he had thought of all the appropriate things to give me after a metal pole falling from the ceiling/wall from his establishment feel on the "good" side of my body was ok, was totally shocking and somewhat appalling to me. I mean what about offering a girl some ice for the swelling or I don't know something like a stiff drink, but BACON - get serious...
So the good part is my back/neck is not broken, but it is definitely swollen! I am fortunate to know an awesomely amazing acupuncturist, Dr Haung who always knows how to relieve all some of the tension and popping in my bones (my new medical philosophy this year has been east meets west, not sure who knows best, but the combination is amazing - if I have the time and can afford it! the trick is to be able to afford it - so if you hear stories or read posts of me needing to sell something like my 3 year old second hand Ikea sofa then I am hard up and I'm addicted to needles - the good kind - not the kind for drugs, just the kind for helping relieve muscle tension!
I also am thankful to my amazing colleagues who for some reason think I am still worth keeping at work after a year filled with almost better Monika health news... I love my work and my TAI team at WRI!
So to relieve my pain and to laugh later I am starting this web blog for my friends and others so I can document the unreal stuff that happens in the world around us... otherwise I might not believe this is for real. Or the cliche thing might be to say, what doesn't kill me makes us stronger... but I think it should be, what doesn't kill us, hopefully makes us laugh later...
Anyways - I thought this would be a fun project to drown my sorrows and hopefully provide good material for my next fabulous career in stand up comedy or reality tv...
Until the next pole hits, ok I hope before then -
Monika
---update... 3/1/8/08
the pole has now taken over my life and the pain has gotten worse :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so if you have seen this post you know the site is: http://ymestories.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to read and comment!
Restaurants can be dangerous...I accidentally set my menu on fire with a candle in the centerpeice...then the waiter tried to put it out with his hand and got burned....hope you feel better soon, Lesley
that's awesome - thanks for making me feel better Les!
You have tons of chocolate on your desk...so don't think Valentine's is over! Nice blog.
Post a Comment